RT Collector is for research centers, universities, technological companies that need to produce high quality, reproducible nanomaterials, for experimental purposes. It can be installed as optional of existing electrospinning setup (even self made) and our Starter Kit, but it can be used as all in one solution for new labs including up to two HV generators (positive and negative polarity available).
With the RT Collector it is possible to electrospin any type of synthetic, organic polymer or ceramic material, starting from solutions at room temperature.
The user can create deposits of nanofibers with chaotic or perfectly oriented structure by simply changing the operative settings. The nanofibers are characterized by a high reproducibility over time and by a uniform thickness along the axis of the collector.Using the 5.000 rpm it's possible to obtain aligned nanofibre even with few millimeter diameter collectors.
The result will be high quality fibers, produced in large quantities, up to 200 ml of solution per day.
Technical features of the device
- Compact, easy to install, ready to use even for setup retrofitting.
- High level of performance and integration with minimum size so it can be installed inside hood or our ESTA enclosure.
- Control with a color LCD screen or via PC with integrated WEB interface
- Wide set of customizable deposition strategies where movement and HV generators are sync.
- Multi-needle or coaxial needle system
- Rototranslating collector for the use of pumps and standard syringes. Easy to replace flat or drum collectors, with 1 to 100 mm diameter, maximum length 120 mm
- Horizontal axis of rotation of the collectors up to 5000 rpm, for creation of tubular structures
- Linear translation up to 1000 mm/s for uniform thickness even with very short deposition cycles.
Technical advantages of the device
- Unique: dielectric support that allow to connect it to a high voltage generator in addition to grounding, as usual
- Replacement of the collectors: fast and easy replacement of the collectors thanks to the self-centering chucks
- No waste: the loading of the syringes is done without wasting solution due to the absence of flexible tubes which connect them to the needles
- Silence: the use of brushless motors and a linear belt drive avoid friction and vibrations, without the need for lubrication
- Second high voltage generator: the collector is insulated from the ground so that it can be connected to a second high voltage generator up to a potential of +/- 60 kV
- High quality components: carefully selected materials to avoid interference on the electric field between collector and needles for maximum control of nanofiber deposition, avoiding waste due to dispersed material
- Reliability: the use of Omron Electronics industrial components for the control electronics guarantees the maximum reliability of the system also under heavy use conditions
- Safety: automatic interruption of production in case of blackout or malfunction; built-in safety limit switch to stop the high voltage in case the hood is opened
|Control interface||5" LCD + Web|
|Linear speed||mm/s||0 .. 1000|
|Rotary speed||rpm||-5000 .. +5000|
|Max drum diameter||mm||100|
|Max drum lenght||mm||150|
|Linear stroke||mm||0 .. 200|
|Motor type||AC servo|
|Collector max voltage||kV||50|
|High voltage generators control system||Type||Analog signals|
|Max number of connected HV generators||2|